Marriage to a U.S. Citizen remains one of the most common types of immigration scams to date. Marrying a U.S. Citizen under false pretenses to get into the United States does not stop some people from pursuing this federal crime option. It remains one of the most common paths to gain a Green Card or U.S. Citizenship for some foreign nationals.
Another common immigration scam is through the U.S. visitor visa process. Applying for such a visa with wrong intentions is immigration fraud. A visitor visa is intended for temporary stay in United States yet some apply for a visitor visa with the intentions of coming to the U.S. to seek work or marriage. But this type of immigration scam commonly leads to denied entry into the U.S. and immediate deportation. The individual could even be banned from the U.S. entirely if it is determined that there was wrongdoing.
Still another form of immigration scams involves the printing of green cards. This type of scamming is currently on the rise. Why is it so? Many feel they have no option to gain employment and obtain a black market green card. For those that resort to this type of immigration scam it is most likely due to an existing criminal background history or they entered the U.S. illegally and therefore making them illegible for a legitimate green card.
Others, who may be desperate for a Green Card, unknowingly fall victim to immigration scams. The following are some helpful hints to help you avoid becoming a victim of immigration scams:
• DO NOT sign any blank papers or documents that you do not understand
• DO NOT sign any documents that contain false or inaccurate information
• DO NOT let anyone keep your original documents
• DO make photocopies of all documents prepared or submitted for you
• DO get a receipt any time you pay someone to assist you in completing or submitting forms
• DO verify that your attorney is licensed or your representative is accredited by Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
There are many options available to approaching the U.S. Immigration process in a legal manner. The legal way is the best way.