B-VisaTo visit the United States, most foreign nationals must apply for a visitor visa. If you are coming for a short stay and are not interested in working or getting paid by a company or institution in the United States, one of the B-Visas is most likely what you are looking for. The B-1 and B-2 visas are nonimmigrant visitor visas. Each one is different, and each one has its own particular uses:

The Business Visitor Visa (B-1) is needed when you are visiting the country to engage in business matters, to accompany a foreign national as a personal or domestic employee, or to participate in amateur or professional athletic competitions for prize money.

The Pleasure, Tourism, Medical treatment Visa (B-2) is needed when you are visiting the country as a tourist and are coming to see friends and relatives, to spend the holidays,  or to participate in athletic, musical, or similar events for no prize money. The B-2 is also needed if you are coming to the U.S. to seek medical treatment.

How Can You Qualify for a Visitor Visa?

To qualify for a visitor visa, you must fill out an application, have a valid passport, and provide one (1) 2×2 photograph. You must also prove the following:

  • The reason for your visit is for business, pleasure, or medical treatment;
  • You plan on staying in the U.S. for a short time;
  • You have the money to cover your expenses while in the U.S;
  • You have a permanent residence in another country;
  • You have evidence of other ties outside the U.S that show you will leave the U.S. in due time.

Visa applications are reviewed meticulously. It is in your best interest to apply as early as possible so that it doesn’t interfere with your planned travel date. If you are denied a visa, you can apply again if you have new information that proves the requirements listed above.

Apply for the B-1 or B-2 visa right now with easy step-by-step instructions so that you can avoid mistakes.

Sign up for our Newsletter

By clicking “Send” you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.