Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

Re-applying After Being Deported

March 14th, 2012 by Romona Paden

If you have been deported and want to reapply for admission, you may have to file form I-212. An alien who is not admissible under sec.212 (a) (9) or (c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act has to file this form to obtain consent to reapply for admission before he can legally return to the U.S. The aliens are also inadmissible for a period stipulated by the INA, depending on how many times they have been removed. If the individual who attempts to return to the U.S without admission, they will be inadmissible according to the INA, if they had been illegally in the U.S for over a year.

The filing of this form also depends on the reason of your inadmissibility. Those who are applying for form I-212 should check the form instructions and find out the filing location. That is, it should be filed with the U.S Customs and Border Protection, the U.S. Department of State, Executive Office for Immigration Review or the USCIS.

  1. If you want admission as a non-immigrant at a U.S. Port of entry and you are not required to get a non-immigrant visa, you should file form I-212 with CBP. Filing this form is generally done in person.
  2. Citizens of Palau, the Federated States of Micronesia, or the Marshall Islands may contact the nearest U.S. Consulate to find out where to submit this form.
  3. If you are getting admission as an immigrant and seeking adjustment of status, you should file form I-212 according to the instructions given in the immigration court.
  4. If you are abroad and are applying for an immigrant visa, submit this form to the local office where your deportation proceeding was held.
  5. If you are in the U.S and will be filing for a waiver under sec.212(g) or (h) you may file with the American.
  6. If you are in the US and want to apply for adjustment of status under sec.245 of the INA or want to reapply before your departure from the U.S you may have to submit at the local office having jurisdiction over the place you live.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice. It is general information on issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration matters. It should not be relied upon to reach any conclusion regarding any individual’s situation or case. Immigration Direct is not sponsored by or affiliated with the United States government or any government agency. We are not a law firm and are not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. Immigration Direct only provides self-help services at a user's direction. We do not provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations to our users about their legal rights, legal remedies, legal defenses, legal options or legal strategies, selection of forms, or answers to specific questions on forms. Customer support is for technical and billing issues. Customer support will not answer legal questions. Communications between you and Immigration Direct are not protected by any privilege. All forms that can be completed online through Immigration Direct are available as blank forms with written instructions for free from the USCIS. Purchase price does not include application or filing fees that may be charged by any government agency. Your access to and use of this website, and any purchase made using this website, is subject to Immigration Direct's Terms of Use to which, by using this site and/or making any purchase, you are agreeing to be bound.

Copyright © 2007-2016 Immigration Direct. All Rights Reserved.

Translate »