U.S. Visitor Visas

U.S. Visitor Visa Application GuidesWe Make It Easy!

All of our Visa Application Guides include:

  • Qualification and eligibility requirements
  • Detailed overview of the application process with step-by-step instructions
  • All necessary application forms and guidance on how to complete the forms
Visitor Visa

By the way, here’s something you should know before using our serviceBy the way, here’s something you should know before using our service. Read MoreIf you haven’t noticed yet, we are not A LAW FIRM AND ARE NOT affiliated with ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY. WE ARE A PRIVATELY OWNED WEBSITE PROVIDING EASY, SELF HELP ONLINE IMMIGRATION SOLUTIONS. PURCHASE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE GOVERNMENT FILING FEES. BLANK FORMS ARE AVAILABLE WITH INSTRUCTIONS FOR FREE FROM THE USCIS. Our software was built by immigration professionals and currently used by immigration attorneys. We pride ourselves in running the latest technology to make the immigration application process easy and secure. Our teams spend hundreds of hours every week improving how our systems work to make your experience the best it can be on any device. Customer service agents are not lawyers and will only answer questions regarding billing or our software. We’re sure the USCIS tries really hard to make the immigration process easier for you, we’re just here to do it better. The choice is yours!close

Questions About U.S. Visitor Visas

What is a U.S. Visitor Visa?

A U.S. visitor visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows you to stay in the U.S. temporarily. The most popular visitor visas are B-1 Business Visas, B-2 Tourist Visas and J-1 Exchange Visas. The purpose of your visit will determine which visa you should apply for.

What are the different types of U.S. visitor visas?

B1 Visa

B-1 Business Visa

B-1 Business Visas are issued for the purposes of:

  • Consulting with business associates
  • Attending a scientific, educational or business convention/conference
  • Settling an estate
  • Negotiating a contract

Learn more about B-1 Business Visas.

Tourist Visa

B-2 Tourist Visa

B-2 Tourist Visas are issued for the purposes of:

  • Tourism
  • Vacation
  • Visiting friends or relatives
  • Medical treatment
  • Participating in an amateur recreational event (sports, music, etc.), for which you will not receive payment
  • Participating in a recreational course of study, for which you will not receive academic credit (such as a pottery or cooking class)

Learn more about B-2 Tourist Visas.

J1 Visa

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa

J-1 Exchange Visitor Visas are issued for the purpose of participating in an exchange visitor program. There are exchange visitor programs for:

  • Au pairs
  • Camp counselors
  • College and university students
  • Government visitors
  • Interns
  • International visitors
  • Physicians
  • Professor and research scholars
  • Secondary school students
  • Short-term scholars
  • Specialists
  • Summer work travelers
  • Teachers
  • Trainees

Learn more about J-1 Exchange Visitor Visas.

How do I apply for a U.S. visitor visa?

Step 1: Determine which U.S. visitor visa you should apply for.

The three most popular types of visitor visas are B-1, B-2 and J-1. Your reason for visiting the U.S. will determine which visa you should apply for.

Step 2: Determine if you are eligible for the visa.

The eligibility requirements for each visitor visa type are different.

Step 3: Complete Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application with the U.S. Department of State.

After completing the application online, be sure to print the confirmation page. You will need this for the visa interview. You must upload a passport-style photograph with this application.

If you are applying for a J-1 Visa, you will also need to be accepted into a qualified exchange visitor program. Learn more about the Holiday Work Visa, Au Pair Visa, Student Exchange Visa, Internship Visa and Trainee Programs.

Step 4: Schedule an interview with a U.S. embassy or consulate in the country where you live.

If you are under the age of 14 or over the age of 79, you may not be required to have an interview.

Step 5: Pay the visa fees.

The application fee for a visitor visa is $160 USD. While some applicants are required to pay before the interview, others may be allowed to pay at the interview.

Step 6: Collect required documents for the visa interview.

You will be required to bring the following documents to your visa interview:

  • A passport that is valid for at least six months past your planned date of departure
  • The confirmation page from your Form DS-160, Nonimmigrant Visa Application
  • Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before the interview

The U.S. embassy or consulate where your interview will take place may request you to provide additional documentation, such as evidence of:

  • The purpose of your trip
  • Your intent to leave the U.S. after your trip
  • Your ability to pay all the costs of your trip

Step 7: Attend the visa interview.

The visa interview will take place at the U.S. embassy or consulate in the country where you live. You will be interviewed by a consular officer who will determine if you are qualified to receive a visa. He or she will review you documentation and visa application, ask you questions about your personal history and the reason for your trip to the U.S.

If the consular officer approves you for a visa, he or she will take your passport and have a visa placed in it. When your passport with visa is ready, you will notified to pick it up or it will be sent to you.

Step 8: Pay the visa issuance fee.

Depending on your nationality, you may have to pay a visa issuance fee if your visa is approved.

What is the visa interview?

The visa interview is required for all U.S. visitor visa applicants between the ages 14 and 79. After your visa application has been accepted, you are required to attend a visa interview at the U.S. consulate or embassy in your country. Here, a consular officer will interview you concerning your:

  • Biographic information (personal history)
  • Reason for wanting visit the U.S.
  • Personal finances
  • Ties to your home country (family and otherwise)

If the visa interview goes well, the consular officer will grant you a U.S. visa. If the visa interview does not go well, your visa application may be denied. If your application is denied, ask your consular officer if you may apply for a waiver of ineligibility. You may reapply for a visa in the future.

How do I extend my visa?

Most nonimmigrant visa-holders can apply for an extension of stay, lengthening the amount of time they are able to remain in the U.S. To apply, File Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your current visa expires.


Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get updates in your inbox.

Goto Top

Standard U.S. Visitor Visas Application Government & Filing Fees:

  • USCIS Application Filing Fee undefined(Due upon submission of application to USCIS)
    • Filing fee may vary by application reason