Apply for a R-1 Visa

  • Start Application immediately
  • Avoid mistakes: Easy step-by-step instructions
  • New and updated Immigration Forms included
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • Secure Download (All information protected)  Secure

R1 Visa Application for Religious Worker

The R-1 visa category is reserved for Religious Workers. To qualify as a Religious Worker in this visa category, you must be a member of a religious denomination that has a genuine nonprofit religious organization in the U.S. You must have held membership in the denomination for at least two years before you can apply. To qualify as a genuine non-profit, the organization must be exempt from paying U.S. taxes, or eligible for tax-exempt status.

In addition, as a Religious Worker you are can only perform certain duties for the denomination. Specifically, you must serve as a minister, or in another recognized religious vocation.

In order to sponsor a Religious Worker for R-1 status, a religious organization must first file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS, formerly the INS). After the petition is approved, the Religious Worker can apply for a visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad.

This e-book contains:

  • Eligibility Requirements
  • A detailed overview of the application process
  • All of the necessary application forms and step-by-step guidance on how to complete the forms accurately and completely
Download Your R-1 Visa Application Package Today >>