United Kingdom - London Field Office

Service Area

The London Field Office has jurisdiction over U.S. immigration matters in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.

Street Address

United States Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
London, England W1A 1AE

Mailing Address from the US

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy London
Unit 8400 Box 26
DPO, AE 09498-0026

Mailing Address from Outside the US

USCIS Field Office
American Embassy (DHS/USCIS)
P.O. Box 2444
London W1A 5WT
Note: We recommend that you provide your e-mail address in any correspondence you send us so that we may reply quickly. A self-addressed stamped envelope with adequate British postage is required if a response by return mail is desired.

Express Mail Address

Field Office Director
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy
24 Grosvenor Square
London, W1A 1AE

Office Location

The U.S. Embassy is located in Central London.

Hours of Operation

The office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The office is closed on British and American holidays.

The office is located in a time zone that is 12 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern Standard Time

Phone, Fax Numbers and E-mail


Live operator information about U.S. immigration and visa matters is available by calling

Please Note: This number is only accessible from within the UK. Callers from outside the UK and some mobile and network providers cannot access this number. Calls to this line are charged at 1.20 British pounds per minute from BT landlines. Some mobile and network providers may charge more.

Services Provided

  • Filing of Forms (I-600/I-600A) relating to Inter-County Adoptions
  • Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Resident Status (I-407)
  • Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
  • Overseas Military Naturalization
  • Petition for Alien Relative (I-130)
  • Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er) or Special Immigrant (I-360)
  • Pickup of Reentry Permits for Lawful Permanent Residents
  • Refugee and Asylum General Information

Visiting the office in person


All individuals that need to visit our office must first obtain an appointment. If you do not have an appointment you will not be permitted to enter the U.S. Embassy.

  • Collection of reentry permits (you should only make an appointment after you have received a postcard/email from this office stating that your reentry permit has arrived)
  • Fingerprinting for Inter Country Adoptions (Hague Convention)
  • Fingerprinting for Expeditious Naturalization under Section 319(b)
  • Abandonment of Lawful Permanent Residency Status (Form I-407)

Walk-ins are no longer permitted at the U.S. Embassy in London.

Public Transportation

The U.S. Embassy is located in Central London, and is easily accessible from London’s major railroad stations by taxi, bus, or tube (subway).

By Tube or Bus:

The nearest tube station is the Bond Street station or the Marble Arch station.

Parking & Handicap Accessibility

  • Driving into Central London is not advised since parking is at a premium.
  • Accessibility for individuals with special needs is available.

Paying Fees

Fees for applications and petitions are listed in the Forms section of the USCIS website. The fees for all applications and petitions submitted to this office must be paid with either U.S. dollar cashier’s check, U.S. dollar money order, an international bank draft made payable to the U.S. Disbursing Officer, or a credit card. Please do not mail cash, personal checks, or traveler’s checks. Please print your name and complete address on the back of your remittance.

Note: If you are paying by credit card please complete and submit the original signed Credit Card Payment Form


Immigration forms are available under the Forms section of the USCIS website.


For in-depth information about visas, please check the Visa Services section of the U.S. Department of State website.

Form I-130

The London Field Office accepts I-130 or I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in our jurisdiction.

Instructions for Filing an I-130 & I-360 with the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services office in London

Who can file their I-130/I-360 at the London Field Office?

The USCIS London Field Office has jurisdiction for adjudicating I-130 and I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who have permission to reside AND who do principally reside in the United Kingdom. See the I-130 Checklist for more details. U.S. citizens who reside in the United States must file their petition with the appropriate USCIS Service Center in the United States.

Be sure to include your U.S. address on the petition and submit the filing fee according to the instructions for filing in the U.S. which can be found on http://www.uscis.gov

U.S. citizens who reside overseas where there is no USCIS Field Office may be eligible to file with the Department of State at the American Embassy. Please see that Embassy’s webpage for local filing procedures at http://travel.state.gov

Lawful permanent residents must file the I-130 petition in the United States.

How do I file the petition?

Utilize the following checklists to file your I-130 ; they contain easy-to-follow detailed instructions.

  • I-130 Petition for Alien Spouse
  • I-130 Petition for Alien Child
  • I-130 Petition for the Parent
  • I-130 Petition for Sister or Brother
  • I-130 Photo Requirements

Processing Times

Upon receipt of the I-130, USCIS will send an email/postcard to the petitioner confirming the date the I-130/I-360 was filed with the USCIS London Field Office. Individuals will then be able to view on this web page the date we are currently processing petitions.

All I-130s/I-360’s are adjudicated in the order they are received. We ask that you please refrain from contacting this office for status checks while your application is pending. Your cooperation will help us ensure that we maintain our exceptional processing times.

What happens after the I-130/I-360 is approved?

Filing your I-130/I-360 petition is only the first step of a two-part process. If your immediate relative petition is approved, the petitioner will receive a Notice of Approval. The original I-130/I-360 will normally be transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the U.S. Consulate in the country where the beneficiary resides (unless you have specified otherwise on the I-130). The Immigrant Visa Unit will then process the immediate relative beneficiary for an immigrant visa.

For beneficiaries residing in the UK: If you have questions concerning the second part of the processing (Immigrant Visa Processing); you can visit http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ivprocess.html or alternatively, you may contact the Customer Call Centre at 09042-450-100.

Form N-400

USCIS offices overseas are only authorized to process applications for Naturalization for active duty military members and certain eligible family members. Please see below for information about filing your application, for required forms, and for the Overseas Military Naturalization Request Form. Military members should contact their military legal office if they require more information about filing for Naturalization.

Naturalization Abroad by Spouse of Members of the U.S. Armed Forces

On January 28, 2008, President Bush signed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (H.R.4986 / Public Law 110-181) into law. Part of that law is a new section 319(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) which allows certain eligible spouses of members of the U.S. armed forces to naturalize abroad without traveling to the United States for any part of the naturalization process.

Form I-131 Parole

The London Field Office does not issue Humanitarian Parole. Individuals must apply for Humanitarian Parole by submitting their applications to:

For US Postal Service (USPS) Deliveries

USCIS Dallas Lockbox
PO Box 660865
Dallas, TX. 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

Attn: HP
2501 S. State Hwy 121, Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Instructions on how to file an application for Humanitarian Parole are located on Form I-131.

Form I-131 Re-entry

The London Field Office cannot accept applications for Re-entry Permits or extend re-entry permits. Instructions on how to obtain or replace a Re-Entry Permit can be found in the How Do I Get A Travel Document section of the USCIS website.

Transportation Boarding Letters

A transportation letter may be issued to a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident to replace a lost or stolen Alien Registration Card (Form I-551). You must contact US Customs and Border Protection at http://london.usembassy.gov/dhs/cbp/index.html


Instructional DVD

Regularly: $199
Now Just: $60
Scroll to Top
immigration direct logo