Cómo obtener una copia del certificado de naturalización

Table of Contents

Your certificate of naturalization shows that you are a naturalized American citizen and that you have successfully completed the citizenship process. A certificate of naturalization can help you prove that you are authorized to live and work in the United States, travel with a US passport and vote in elections in the United States. Once you become a US citizen, you will obtain a certificate of naturalization after having taken the oath of citizenship. You will want to keep your naturalization certificate in a safe place in case you need it to prove your citizenship.

However, if your naturalization certificate is lost, stolen, or damaged it may be necessary to request a copy. You can request a new certificate by filing Form N-565 with the USCIS. You can obtain this immigration form by visiting the USCIS website. In addition to filling out the form, you will need to attach two passport-sized photos of yourself in your application. These should be recent photos that meet all of the USCIS requirements described in the instructions on Form N-565.

In addition, when filing Form N-565 you will also need to provide any document that supports your reason for requesting a second certificate of naturalization. This is because you are not allowed to have two certificates at the same time. If your original certificate has been damaged, for example, you will be required to present the damaged certificate with your N-565 form. If your certificate is obsolete because your name has changed, you must provide a marriage certificate or court order showing your change of legal name.

Once you have completed Form N-565 correctly and have attached the photos and supporting documents, as well as the current filing fee, you can submit the form. Generally, your new certificate will be sent to you by mail once your request has been processed. Be careful to follow the instructions on the form and fill out your form correctly, to make sure there are no delays with your application. If you need proof of citizenship before your certificate arrives, contact USCIS to see if you can process a temporary proof of citizenship.

Not Sure Where to Start?

Check Your Application Status

Scroll to Top
immigration direct logo