InfoPass Appointment

Table of Contents

Through the free InfoPass service, you will be able to schedule an appointment with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigration Officer. If you have any issue related to immigration and want to get it clarified by an Immigration Officer, you can get it done through InfoPass, instead of requesting it in person at your local USCIS office.

You can schedule an appointment for free, directly through the internet. All you need to do is

  • Click on “Make An Appointment”
  • Enter your mailing address ZIP code
  • Choose the type of appointment you need to solve your problem
  • Enter personal details (name, date of birth, ZIP code and telephone number)
  • Select a convenient date and time for your appointment
  • The appointment notice will appear on your computer screen and will have the time, date and location of your appointment. Print this notice as you have to show during the InfoPass appointment.

Documents that you need to bring to the appointment :

You are required to bring some documents that identify and explain the problem. Some of the documents are:

  • Printout of the InfoPass appointment notice
  • Any government-issued identification, such as a government-issued photo ID card, passport, valid driver’s license, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), or Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card (green card), Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record. Remember that if your Form I-94 does not have your photograph attached, you should have a passport or valid driver’s license as an additional document of identification.
  • Immigration forms, receipt notices, approval/denial letters, translations and original documents that are related to your inquiry.

Rescheduling/Canceling the appointment :

  • You can cancel or reschedule the appointment that you scheduled earlier by using the identification numbers that you will find at the bottom of the appointment confirmation notice.
  • If you are not able to make it at the scheduled time, make sure you cancel the appointment. Note that there is no penalty for rescheduling/canceling an appointment.
  • If you misplace/lose your appointment notice, you can get it printed again by accessing InfoPass.

It is important to remember that if your query is a routine matter, you do not meet with USCIS officers in person. Such inquiries can be handled easily and quickly by telephone or over the Internet. Routine inquiries means anything related to :

  • Case Status – To track the progress of your pending application, click “Check My Case Status”. You should have the application receipt number that you received from the USCIS in order to check the status.
  • For general information, you can just call the NCSC at 1-800-375-5283, to have your question answered.

Not Sure Where to Start?

Check Your Application Status

Scroll to Top
immigration direct logo