Immigration Direct U.S. Immigration & Citizenship Form Services-Simplifying Immigration

Get a Green Card Through Marriage

  • Step-by-step guidance through your application
  • Personalized application forms and filing instructions
  • Live, U.S. based customer service
  • Save thousands on legal fees
  • Free Eligibility Quiz Included!

U.S. Citizen Sponsors

Click here to start the Green Card application process for your spouse.

Already have an approved Immigrant Petition? If your spouse is in the U.S., get started on the Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident.

If your spouse is outside the U.S., click here to find out more about the Immigrant Visa process.

Lawful Permanent Resident Sponsors

If you fail to go through the Green Card Renewal process by not completing Form I-90, an Lawful Permanent Residents who got married before obtaining a Green Card are not required to file an Immigrant Petition on behalf of their spouse (or any children born before becoming a Lawful Permanent Resident). A spouse and eligible children of a Lawful Permanent Resident in this category may apply for a Green Card without having an approved Immigrant Petition. This process is known as "accompanying" or "follow to join." Lawful Permanent Residents who have "adjusted" to Lawful Permanent Resident status in the U.S. must file Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition in order to notify the appropriate consulate that their spouse will "accompany" or "follow to join."

Lawful Permanent Residents who got married after obtaining a Green Card must file a Form I-130 Immigrant Petition on behalf of their spouse in order to sponsor them for Lawful Permanent Resident (Green Card) status.

Before the spouse of a Lawful Permanent Resident in this category can apply for the "Green Card," two things must have happened. First, the I-130 Immigrant Petition must have been approved. Second, the foreign spouse's "Priority Date" must be current. Click here to find out more about what a Priority Date is and how long you might have to wait for a Priority Date to become current.

Does your spouse already have an Approved Immigrant Petition? Check the Visa Bulletin to find out if the Priority Date is current so that you can proceed to the next step. If your spouse is already in the U.S., the next step will be to file Form I-485, Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident. If your spouse is outside the U.S., he or she will have to go through the Immigration Visa process.

Immigration Learning Center

Immigration News

Lawmakers keeping an open mind about immigration reform
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:38 AM

Throughout the immigration reform debate, both sides have used many ar...

Preparing for a visa interview
Monday, April 14, 2014 7:25 AM

Individuals preparing for a visa interview should be aware of several impor...

More News

Instructional DVD

Pass the U.S. Citizenship Test

Regularly: $199

Now Just: $60

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice but general information on issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration matters. Immigration Direct is not affiliated with the United States government, is not a law firm, and is not a substitute for an attorney or law firm. Immigration Direct does not provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations to its users about their possible legal rights, legal remedies, legal defenses, legal options or legal strategies, selection of forms, or answers to specific questions on forms. Customer support is for technical and billing issues. Customer support will not answer legal questions. All forms that can be completed online through Immigration Direct are available as blank forms with written instructions for free from the USCIS. Immigration Direct only provides self-help services at a user's direction. Communications between you and Immigration Direct are not protected by any privilege. Purchase price does not include application or filing fees that may be charged by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services or by any other agency. Please note that your access to and use of this site is subject to Immigration Direct's Terms of Use, which, by using this site, you are agreeing to.

The "Immigration Direct" mark and the "Simplifying Immigration" mark are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.

Copyright © 2007- Immigration Direct. All Rights Reserved.