US Immigration Update (October 1, 2020): The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California granted the motion for preliminary injunction temporarily halting the implementation of USCIS final fee rule in its entirety and on a nationwide basis. This means that the new fee increases have been STOPPED, at least for now. We will update this webpage with information and guidance on further developments. Please check back frequently.

What happens next?
The Government (USCIS) will likely appeal to the 9th Circuit court to get the fee increases pushed through. However, no one knows when the appeal will happen or what the result of the appeal will be.

What does this mean for you?
No one knows if or when the new fees will be made effective, but as long as the injunction is in place the USCIS cannot raise fees. Taking into consideration that fees could go up for many applications at any time, it's generally a good idea to prepare & file your Green Card or Citizenship applications sooner rather than later.

See the chart below to see the differences in the current vs new fees.

Current vs New Fee Increases

Form #Immigration ApplicationCurrent FeesNew FeesExtra Fees% Increase
N-400U.S. Citizenship$640$1,170$530+83%
I-130/I-485Family Green Cards$1,760$2,860$1,100+62%
I-751Petition to Remove Conditions$595$760$165+28%
I-765Employment Authorization (EAD) - (Non-DACA)$410$550$140+34%


Simplifying USCIS Application Preparation

Application Preparation Service Starting at $95 + Gov Fees

We provide online "do-it-yourself" software and access to services to help you complete the immigration application process on your own. We've helped thousands of customers just like you, prepare their applications using our online easy to use software

Not Sure Where to Start?

Form I-130Petition for Alien Relative

Form N-565Replace My Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citzenship

Form N-600Application for Certificate of Citizenship

I-129FPetition for Alien Fiancé(e)

Form I-90Renew or Replace My Green Card

Form I-90Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Form I-130 Green Card for Family Members of a Permanent Resident

Form N-400Becoming a U.S. Citizen Through Naturalization

Form I-485 Remove My Conditional Status

Form I-131Travel Outside of the U.S. as a Permanent Resident

Form I-131 Application for Travel Document

Form I-751Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence

Form I-485Adjustment of Status

Form I-765Obtain Employment Authorization Document

Form I-539Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status

B1/B2 Visa Guide Book

Form I-485Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Form I-765Application for Employment Authorization

Form I-129F Fiance(é) K-1 Visa