For most immigrants who move from permanent resident status to U.S. citizen status, English language communication and civics knowledge testing are required components to the naturalization process. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) provides information, guidance and resources to help immigrants take the test and earn a passing grade.
The USCIS’s tools include videos, publications, practice tests and multimedia resources.
Your Top 7 U.S. Citizenship Resources are:
1. USCIS has put together downloadable flash cards to help test takers brush up on English language skills.
2. Test takers can find the 100 possible questions and answers covering the civics side of the test.
3. USCIS also makes downloadable civics flash cards available.
4. Teacher-training videos make convenient study tools.
5. Audio recordings are the preferred study method of others.
6. Study booklets and documents includes quick civic lessons as well as important documents like the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
7. When you’re ready to test out your knowledge about U.S. citizenship, USCIS lets you take practice tests.