Fake Social Security Numbers: What Are The Challenge And How Do You Overcome Them?

Table of Contents

There have been a lot of questions regarding the documents and information that are supposed to be provided to the USCIS when applying for Deferred Action. The primary concern deals with social security cards and numbers.

Because the USCIS mentions that you should provide names that you have used in the past, it seems to imply that you should also provide a new social security card that you have used in the past. This is not correct.

The USCIS has in fact addressed this by saying that the only social security card or number you should provide is one that has been officially assigned to you. If you have been using someone else’s documents, whether with or without his permission, it is considered fraud, and this could put you in a lot of trouble.

Therefore, when filling out your application, it is perfectly okay to just write not applicable or “N/A” in the line that asks for your social security number. If you do not have one under your name and you did not get it from the U.S. Social Security Administration, you should not provide it under any circumstances.

This has been one of the biggest fears for a lot of eligible undocumented youth who have yet to apply. So if this has been one of your worries, you are not the only one.

We can help you apply for Deferred Action with our step-by-step program and guide you through the entire application process.

Not Sure Where to Start?

Check Your Application Status

Scroll to Top
immigration direct logo