Formularios que debe presentar para solicitar la visa de prometido

Table of Contents

The  fiance visa  was specially created to allow a US citizen and his foreign fiance to marry in the United States. UU.

The forms you must submit to apply for the fiancé visa are  Form I-129F , Form DS-156, Form I-156K and Form DS-230. If they are approved, the fiance will receive a K-1 visa. Once the K-1 visa has been granted, there will be a period of 90 days only to celebrate the marriage.

Form I-129F

There are two basic requirements to submit Form I-129. First, both the American citizen and the fiance must be single and free to marry. Because the marriage will be celebrated in the USA. In the U.S., the laws of the U.S. state will apply. UU. Another basic requirement is that the foreign fiance and the US citizen must have seen each other in person within the last two years. However, the USCIS may exempt a person from this requirement according to an extreme difficulty evidenced.

After confirming that both requirements are met, the US citizen can continue with the first step of the process: filing the petition itself.

The American citizen must do this because it is he who sponsors his fiance. Form I-129F cannot be submitted outside the US UU. If the USCIS approves the petition, it will be sent to the National Visa Center for processing. The National Visa Center will then send it to the US Embassy or Consulate. UU. closest to the fiancé’s address This is when the fiance will apply for the visa.

Form DS-156, Form I-156K and Form DS-230

The foreign fiance will receive instructions for the visa interview. The instructions will include the list of required forms from the fiancé. They are the following:

  • Two visa applications prepared as duplicates. This is Form DS-156.
  • A fiancé visa application. This is Form DS-156K.
  • Una solicitud de visa de inmigrante y de registro de extranjero. Este es el Formulario DS-230.

Los documentos requeridos que deben presentarse en el momento de la entrevista de la visa son los siguientes:

  • Pasaporte válido
  • Certificados de divorcio o de defunción de cónyuges anteriores, si corresponde
  • Certificados policiales
  • Examen médico
  • Evidencia de sostenimiento económico mientras se encuentre en EE. UU.
  • Dos fotografías de 2 x 2 pulgadas, tipo pasaporte
  • Evidencia de la relación con el prometido ciudadano estadounidense

Cuando se apruebe la visa, el prometido recibirá su pasaporte con la visa K-1 otorgada adentro. Además, el prometido recibirá un paquete sellado con los documentos que reunió el Consulado o la Embajada de EE. UU. No debe abrir este paquete bajo ninguna circunstancia. Debe entregarlo al funcionario del Departamento de Seguridad Nacional al momento de ingresar en EE. UU.

Not Sure Where to Start?

Check Your Application Status

Scroll to Top
immigration direct logo