EAD Form with Deferred Action

Table of Contents

Most of the time, an Employment Authorization Document is only made available to those who can work in the U.S. due to a nonimmigrant status and/or through a specific employer. Some people who are waiting to adjust their status to permanent resident would also be eligible for an EAD. But ever since the Obama administration installed the Deferred Action program in August 2012, youth without legal immigrant nor legal nonimmigrant status can be eligible for an EAD as well.

What is Deferred Action?

Deferred Action was created to address some of the issues undocumented youth face. What it grants eligible youth is two-years free of the threat of deportation. The Obama Administration says the U.S. laws should not punish those who came to the country when they were too young to make that decision on their own. With Deferred Action, undocumented youth are granted an EAD.

What is an EAD?

The EAD is considered to be evidence that the USCIS, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, is allowing a person to work in U.S.  The EAD gives you a specific time period in which you are allowed to work. The EAD that you get through Deferred Action gives you two years, but they can be renewed by applying for Deferred Action once again.

How to Apply for an EAD

To get an EAD through Deferred Action, a person must file the following forms:

These forms must be filed at the same time in order to be considered. It is best to get guidance through the process to submit a correct application. We can guide you through the process so that you are quickly awarded Deferred Action and your authorization to work, EAD.

Not Sure Where to Start?

Check Your Application Status

Scroll to Top
immigration direct logo