Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

USCitizenship Citizenship DVD Immigration Questions COMMUNITYFORUM

Prepare N-565 Application to Replace Your Certificate of Citizenship Online!

Use the Form Navigator™ to complete your Form N-565, Application to Replace your Certificate of Citizenship online. Our easy to use step-by-step system will provide you with everything you need to file your application with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly known as the INS).

  • Immigration Direct Preparation Fee: $129
Fast, Easy, Professional. Let us help you complete a USCIS (formerly INS) application today!

Replacement of Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate Form N-565

Individuals can use form N-565 to apply for a replacement of Naturalization Certificate or Citizenship Certificate. Form N-565 is the application filed to replace either of these types of certificate documents. When applying to replace your certificate of citizenship or naturalization form N-565 must be used. This is the official form for replacing your certificate of citizenship or naturalization. Form N-565 can be filed online. Once the application is complete it is to be filed with the local USCIS office, which has jurisdiction over your place of residence.

A Certificate of Naturalization is a document issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and the Federal Courts or certain State Courts on or before September of 1991, as proof of a person obtaining U.S. citizenship through naturalization, which is a legal process of obtaining a new nationality.

A Certificate of Citizenship is a document issued by USCIS as proof of a person having obtained U.S. Citizenship through birth parents being U.S. citizens, even though the birth took place somewhere other than the U.S. Or, your parents became naturalized when you were under 18 years of age and have met the special conditions of the law.

When Should Form N-565 Replacement of Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate be filed?

Individuals can apply for a replacement of naturalization/citizenship certificate if your original certificate has been lost, destroyed or stolen. It may be necessary to apply for a new certificate using form N-565 if the current information is outdated or incorrect on your original certificate, for example your name has been legally changed through marriage or divorce.

When filing the completed form N-565 application, the form should be accompanied with the following evidence. Two colored photos taken within the past 30 days. Photos must be glossy and untouched. The background of photo must be white. Passport picture size is recommended. Your name should be written lightly in pencil on the back of photo with Alien Registration Number, if any. This application must be filled out correctly and signature is required, along with correct applicable fees. Not adhering to any of these parts of the process could result in your application being rejected.

If the reason you are applying is due to the fact that your document has been destroyed, you must submit the destroyed document as well.

Individuals outside the United States who need to have their naturalization certificate replaced will need to have the form N-565 application filled out and sent to USCIS. Individuals must be willing to return to the U.S. to obtain your their certificates.

Start your application
We are not a law firm, and this site and our software are not a substitute for the advice of a lawyer and do not contain or constitute legal advice. We are not affiliated with or sponsored by the United States government or any government agency. This site provides general information on some commonly encountered immigration matters only and was created to allow you to more simply navigate your completion of immigration paperwork using online software. The content on this site should not be relied on to reach conclusions about any person's specific situation. Self-help software and customer support services are provided solely at a user's direction. Customer support is for technical and billing issues only and will not answer legal questions. We do not provide legal advice, opinions, or recommendations about any individual's specific legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, or strategies. We do not make form recommendations or recommend or provide answers to specific questions on forms, and communications between you and us are not protected by any privilege. Purchase prices do not include applicable government agency filing or biometrics fees, if any. The forms that can be completed using our software can be obtained for free from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as blank forms with written instructions. Automated eligibility quizzes were created using instructions, rules and regulations published by the USCIS and only indicate whether you meet minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the given immigration benefit. Quiz results do not guarantee eligibility or ineligibility as you may or may not be eligible based on reasons not addressed in the quizzes. Your access to and use of this site, including any purchase, is subject to and constitutes your agreement to the website Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. Refunds will only be issued if requested within thirty (30) days and before completed application is printed. Exceptions and restrictions may apply; see Refund Policy for details.

Copyright © 2007-2020. All Rights Reserved.