Immigration Direct U.S. Immigration & Citizenship Form Services-Simplifying Immigration
green card

Get Your U.S. Green Card

There are many ways to obtain a Green Card. These applications can be complicated, but Immigration Direct® guides you through the Green Card process making it simple, secure and affordable.

A Green Card, also known as an Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card, must generally be renewed every 10 years.

Immigrants who are married to a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident may be sponsored for a Green Card by their spouse. This process involves Form I-130, Form I-485 or a combination of the two.

Immigrants who are married to a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder (permanent resident) may be sponsored for a Green Card by their same-sex spouse. This process involves Form I-130, Form I-485 or a combination of the two.

To apply for a Family-Based Green Card, a family member in the U.S must sponsor you. If your sponsor is a U.S. citizen, then he or she must be your spouse, parent, sibling or child. If your sponsor is a Green Card holder, then he or she must be your spouse or your child.

Under U.S. Immigration Law, Lawful Permanent Residents must carry their Green Card at all times. If your current Green Card has been lost or stolen, replace it right away.

Individuals who are in the United States on an immigration visa should use Form I-485, Adjustment of Status Application, to obtain a Green Card.

If you have obtained a Green Card through marriage to a U.S. citizen, then you are granted a "conditional" Green Card, valid for only two years. You must apply to remove the conditions on your Green Card within 90 days of your permanent resident status expiring.

The Green Card Lottery, officially known as the Diversity Visa Program, is an annual U.S. Government program that awards 50,000 Green Cards to individuals from all over the world.

Generally, to apply for an Employment-Based Green Card, a qualifying U.S. employer must sponsor you through the Labor Certification process. In special situations, employees may be able to obtain an Employment-Based Green Card without first obtaining Labor Certification.

Immigration Learning Center

Immigration News

What you need to know about P-3 visas
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:40 AM

The P-3 visa is offered by USCIS and is designed to allow artists or entert...

Faith leaders approach immigration reform with spiritual values
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:07 AM

Christian leaders throughout America visited the White house earlier this w...

More News

Instructional DVD

Learn How to Get a Green Card

Regularly: $199

Now Just: $60

Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is not legal advice but general information on issues commonly encountered when dealing with immigration matters. Immigration Direct is not affiliated with the United States government, is not a law firm, and is not a substitute for an attorney or law firm. Immigration Direct does not provide legal advice, opinions or recommendations to its users about their possible legal rights, legal remedies, legal defenses, legal options or legal strategies, selection of forms, or answers to specific questions on forms. Customer support is for technical and billing issues. Customer support will not answer legal questions. All forms that can be completed online through Immigration Direct are available as blank forms with written instructions for free from the USCIS. Immigration Direct only provides self-help services at a user's direction. Communications between you and Immigration Direct are not protected by any privilege. Purchase price does not include application or filing fees that may be charged by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services or by any other agency. Please note that your access to and use of this site is subject to Immigration Direct's Terms of Use, which, by using this site, you are agreeing to.

The "Immigration Direct" mark and the "Simplifying Immigration" mark are service marks registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office under the laws of the United States of America.

Copyright © 2007- Immigration Direct. All Rights Reserved.