K-1 Visa Adjustment of Status(Form I-485)

K-1 Visa Adjustment of Status
  • Step-by-step guidance through your visa application
  • Personalized application forms and filing instructions
  • Live, U.S. based customer service
  • Save thousands on legal fees
  • Free Eligibility Quiz Included!

Once your fiancé has entered the United States on a K-1 visa, you must get married within 90 days of your fiancé's arrival in the United States. Once the marriage takes place, your spouse must file Form I-485 (Adjustment of Status) with the USCIS.

The petitioning spouse, either an American citizen or a lawful permanent resident (Family Second Preference category), is referred to as the Petitioner; the immigrant spouse is referred to as the Beneficiary when filling out the forms.

The Petitioner must file an Affidavit of Support with the Beneficiary's Form I-485 application for the Beneficiary to become a lawful permanent resident. Upon approval of the I-485, the Beneficiary will be granted a Conditional Status Green Card, valid for two years.

Goto Top

Standard K-1 Visa Adjustment of Status Application Government & Filing Fees:

  • USCIS Application Filing Fee undefined(Due upon submission of application to USCIS)
    • Filing fee may vary by application reason